2019 Hershey St. Patrick’s Day Tournament
March 15-17, 2019
Tournament Fee: $1395
Mite Fee: $650
OPEN FOR ALL DIVISIONS (MITE, SQUIRT, PEEWEE, BANTAM, MIDGET) AT THE LEVELS OF B, A, AND AA!!
Deposit required to guarantee spot payable by check or credit card:
Squirts thru Midgets: $600
Registration fee must be “paid in full” 30 days prior to tournament.
Full Refunds will be issued if divisions not filled.
You will be notified by email / telephone and refunds will be issued in the same method as your payment.
- Deposits can be made directly on the website at registration or over the phone with MasterCard, Visa, or Discover Cards
- Remaining balances ($350 Mites, $795 Squirt-Midget) may be paid by check
Please make check payable and mail to:
578 East Main Street
Hummelstown, PA 17036
Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in Hershey Pennsylvania!
USA Hockey sanctioned tournament.
USA Hockey rules will govern all tournament play.
USA Hockey Zero Tolerance policy will be enforced at all games.
USA Hockey Official Team Registration/Roster Form (1-T), stamped & registrar signed, is required once your registration has been submitted. Atlantic District teams are required to register and play in the same division and classification as depicted on your official USA Hockey roster. Out of district teams that register below their designated division and classifications will be placed after careful review. Submit to firstname.lastname@example.org – In the subject line of the email please include your Team Name and Division Registered for the tournament. ADDED PLAYERS AND ROSTER CHANGES MUST BE TURNED IN 24 HOURS PRIOR TO PUCK DROP OF YOUR FIRST GAME. ANY ROSTERS AND/OR CHANGES NOT SUBMITTED 24 HOURS PRIOR TO PUCK DROP FOR YOUR TEAM MAY RESULT IN TOURNAMENT DISQUALIFICATION FOR USING INELIGIBLE PLAYERS.
NOTE: This is a TIER II – Atlantic District USA Hockey sanctioned tournament for AA, A, B and C divisions where applicable. Any LIAHL teams that play in the MILNER divisions must register in the AA divisions for this tournament. Unless otherwise declared, TIER I AAA teams are ineligible for this specific tournament.
Players may only play if their name is on the Official stamped & registrar signed USA Hockey roster submitted. All players for the tournament must be on ONE (1) USA Hockey roster!
It is necessary for players to sign the Official USA Hockey (T-1). Players will be required to “sign in” one time at tournament.
Plan on playing your first game Friday at 10:00 AM. We will attempt to schedule in such a way that teams that travel the furthest be scheduled accordingly to accommodate same day travel time.
If your game is at Hersheypark Arena, DO NOT GPS THE LOCATION!!! Doing so will get you lost. Please use the 550 West Hersheypark Drive Hershey PA 17036 address and follow signage to the Arena! Specific directions also available through an email sent to your managers prior to the tournament start.
4 game guarantee.
Zero Tolerance Policy when it comes to spectator behavior. If any of your spectators engage in actions that result in their ejection from an arena, or the calling of law enforcement, the team may be subject to dismissal from the tournament.
Individual and Team awards for 1st and 2nd place.
Tournament Apparel available by pre-order as well as during tournament.
Mite C divisions will mostly play at Twin Ponds East on a 45×85 ice rink (The Puddle). Ice time pending, we will attempt to schedule some of the games at a different location.
(click on image for game footage on the puddle)
A minimum of 4 teams is required in each division.
If at 3 weeks prior to the tournament there are not 4 teams, the tournament director will reach out to the coaches to discuss possible playing options. Full refunds will be issued if division does not play.
Before registering your team, explore your hotel options below!
We suggest viewing our hotels and amenities under the Hotels tab below before you register. You will then select your top 3 hotels choices from within the registration page.
Important reminder: each visiting team who registered is required to select a hotel from one of our hotel partners. Help us make the tournament an all around success!
Hotel prices may vary from tournament to tournament. Nightly rates are displayed in the Hotel menu and the Registration tab under Hotel Preferences.
Tournament Rules – Hershey-Tournament-Rules-18-19
Tournament Policies – Tournament Policies
FAQ – FAQ
Hotel Policies – Hotel Rules
General Tournament Information – General Tournament Information
Apparel Pre-Order – Pre-Order Forms
Parking Pass For Hershey Park and Giant Center –
Tournament Rules - Hershey-Tournament-Rules-18-19
Tournament Policies - Tournament Policies
FAQ - FAQ
Hotel Policies - Hotel Rules
General Tournament Information - General Tournament Information
Apparel Pre-Order - Pre-Order Forms
PARKING AT HERSHEYPARK ARENA & GIANT CENTER:
- Hersheypark Arena: When arriving at the Hershey Entertainment Complex on Park Blvd, stay in the lanes to enter Hersheypark and Giant Center through the Parking Gates. Follow the entrance lanes around, in front of Giant Center, following the signs to Hersheypark Stadium/Arena/Hersheypark. It will seem as though you are exiting the complex. The Hersheypark Arena is the tan domed building back behind the Stadium on the right. Parking is available in front of the building. Players should enter through Box Office #4. Walk around the concourse and use the stairs behind Sections 9 & 10. Locker room assignments will be posted in the downstairs lobby.
- GIANT Center: When arriving at the Hershey Entertainment Complex on Park Blvd, stay in the far right lane to enter the parking lot on the street side of the Giant Center. Turn right at the silver Security Guard Booth. Park in either parking lot and enter the Giant Center through the Player/Media Entrance on the lower level. Locker room assignments will be posted on the white board at the bottom of the ramp. Spectators may watch in Sections 119 - 121. When leaving the Giant Center parking lot, stay in the lanes without gates which will get you into the main flow of traffic to exit the complex (this will wrap around over by Hersheypark and the Stadium). If you would happen to end up in a lane with a parking booth attendant, just let them know you were playing hockey at the Giant Center and looking to exit.
PARKING PASS FOR HERSHEYPARK ARENA:
Please distribute this parking pass to your families if you are playing games at Hersheypark Arena and/or GIANT Center.
HOME/AWAY JERSEYS: Please be prepared with both a dark and light jersey. The designated Home team on the schedule will wear white (or light) jersey, the designated Away team on the schedule will wear a dark jersey. If your team only has one jersey, please contact the manager/coach of the team you are playing to decide which color they should wear.
PENALTY BOX ATTENDANTS: Each team is required to have a coach/parent in their respective penalty box to assist with opening/closing of the penalty box door, name pronunciation. Puck will not be dropped before there is an attendant in each box.
ON-SITE CHECK-IN: There will be a registration table located at each rink. Please make sure that all team managers visit the table prior to their first game of the tournament to receive their complimentary box of Hershey's chocolate.
ROSTER STICKERS: Please bring "roster stickers" for the scores sheets- enough for 4, 5, or 6 games depending on your division x 3 stickers per game. MITES are excluded.
COACHES/MANAGERS: Coaches MUST sign the score sheet after the game & take a copy for your record.
TOURNAMENT APPAREL: Tournament apparel will be available for sale at each main rink registration table. Limited sizes and quantities of performance shirts and hooded sweatshirts will be available. We highly encourage you to purchase early. Any team that pre-ordered apparel may pick up their order at the rink location of their 1st game on Friday. Please have the team manager from the team pick up the order, as it will be bagged and labeled by team. Before leaving the table, please check each for accuracy, as we cannot guarantee size replacements one you leave.
PHOTOGRAPHY: CARMO Photography will be taking pictures throughout the tournament. They will have tables set-up at Twin Ponds East and Klick Lewis Arena to view and purchase in-game photos on the spot. "TEAM" photo discs are also available for the tournament. Photos will also be available for purchase shortly after the tournament at http://carmophotography.com
GAME TIMES: Due to the tight tournament schedule, please make sure your team is ready to play 15 minutes prior to their scheduled game time.
HOTELS: Be sure to keep your players supervised at all times while at the Hotels! We had an incident at a recent tournament where the Police were called. Any hotel issues will result in tournament sanctions and possible dismissal.
SCHEDULE & SCORES: The online schedule will be updated throughout the entire tournament as games finish. Please bookmark the schedule on your smart phone or computer for easy access. We will have printed brackets hanging at several rinks that will be updated throughout the weekend as well.
RINK ADDRESSES: Rink Addresses are included below and are GPS friendly:
- Hersheypark Arena (HPA): 550 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
- GIANT Center (GC): 550 West Hersheypark Drive, Hershey, PA 17033
- DO NOT use 100 West Hersheypark Drive address. This will direct to the employee entrance where you will not gain access to public parking!
- Twin Ponds East (TPE): 3904 Corey Road, Harrisburg, PA 17109
- Klick Lewis Arena (KLA): 101 Landings Drive, Annville, PA 17003
- Twin Ponds West (TPW): 200 Lamb Gaps Road, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050
- Lancaster Ice Arena (LIR): 371 Carerra Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601
- Regency Ice Rink (Regency): 2155 Ambassador Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603
On behalf of the staff and management of Travel Champs, we wish you all safe travels, and we look forward to seeing you!
~The Team at Travel Champs